Summer of LabVIEW webcast series showcases the sunny side of system design
Published: 20 June 2014 - Marianne Evans
Engineers and scientists are invited to explore the world of NI LabVIEW and the graphical system design approach through National Instruments Summer of LabVIEW webcast series. Spanning 3 weeks, from 30th June through to 18th July, this 12-part webcast series highlights how LabVIEW speeds the development of any measurement or control system, and is suitable for all programming abilities, from complete beginners to the more advanced user.
Jeff Kodosky, NI co-founder and the creator of LabVIEW begins the series with his keynote addressing the overarching philosophy of LabVIEW, the core principles that have driven its development and which principles will continue to drive the vision for graphical system design. Additionally, webcast attendees will learn which software and engineering trends will impact our lives in the future.
Each of the 3 weeks has a different focus, from the Fundamentals; a Summer School for Developers; through to Taking the Next Steps with LabVIEW. Sessions tailored specifically for beginners such as ‘What is LabVIEW?’ teach the fundamentals of graphical system design and show how LabVIEW can benefit multiple applications, through diverse, real-world measurement examples. More advanced users will learn valuable tips and tricks including how to greatly improve programming speed and reduce overall development time.
Throughout the entire series, webcasts will be streamed twice, first at 2pm and then again at 10am the following day. Throughout each webcast delegates will be able to interact online and discuss topics with the general LabVIEW community and NI experts. All Summer of LabVIEW webcasts will be available to watch on demand once the series is complete.
The 3-week schedule is as follows.
Week 1: LabVIEW Fundamentals
· Philosophy of LabVIEW by Jeff Kodosky Father of LabVIEW , Monday 30th June 2pm, Tuesday 1st July 10am
· What is LabVIEW?, Tuesday 1st July2pm, Wednesday 2nd July 10am
· Introduction to LabVIEW for Data Acquisition, Wednesday 2nd July 2pm, Thursday 3rd July 10am
· Introduction to LabVIEW for Instrument Control, Thursday 3rd July 2pm, Friday 4th July 10am
Week 2: Summer School for LabVIEW Developers
· Practical Techniques for Moving Beyond One Loop Monday 7th July 2pm, Tuesday 8th July 10am
· User Interface Design Best Practices Tuesday 8th July 2pm, Wednesday 9th July 10am
· Best Practices for Software Development Wednesday 9th July 2pm, Thursday 10th July 10am
· Reusing External C DLLs and .NET Assemblies in LabVIEW Thursday 10th July 2pm, Friday 11th July10am
Week 3: Taking the Next Steps with LabVIEW
· Creating and Managing Reusable Code in LabVIEW, Monday 14th July 2pm, Tuesday 15th July 10am
· LabVIEW Error Handling Best Practices: Part 1, Tuesday 15th July 2pm, Wednesday 16th July 10am
· LabVIEW Error Handling Best Practices: Part 2, Wednesday 16th July 2pm, Thursday 17th July 10am
· Tips and tricks to Speed Your LabVIEW Development, Thursday 17th July 2pm, Friday 18th July 10am
Follow the conversation with NI UK & Ireland at twitter.com/niukie and facebook.com/niukie