Control Techniques celebrates its 40th anniversary
Published: 4 October 2013 - Rachael Morling
Control Techniques was originally founded as KTK on 4th October 1973. Iy became Control Techniques on 9th December 1985 and was acquired by Emerson on 30th November 1994.
Enrique Miñarro Viseras, president of Control Techniques, said: “I am proud to be leading this fantastic company. I would like to thank all employees, past and present, for the hard work that they have put in over the past 40 years to make Control Techniques the global success story it is today.
“Last year, Control Techniques launched Unidrive M, the first family of drives that is dedicated specifically to the manufacturing automation market and in the near future we will be launching new ranges of products targeted at each of our other main market sectors. I believe that our ongoing commitment to technical innovation will ensure Control Techniques’ continued success.”
Product History Timeline:
• Compact AC drive: Commander VL - 1983
• Digital DC drive: Mentor - 1986
• Practical flux vector AC drive: Flux Vector - 1988
• Universal AC drive: Unidrive – 1995
• Safety on-board and PLC: Unidrive SP – 2003
• Digitax ST – 2008
• Family of drives dedicated to manufacturing automation: Unidrive M - 2012