The aim was to design and elaborate an enclosure for a regulator unit of solar cells, including an on/off switch, regulator and thermostat measuring. The enclosure needed to be suitable for a device receiving strong currents and weak currents. Furthermore, it needed to be within a budget suitable for high volume production of several thousand pieces.
The main constraints for LTP:
The case was rather simple in terms of electronic components integration: one circuit, four potentiometers, one capacitor. However, the customer had very specific technical requests.
Functional & technical requests from the customer:
· Use a plastic that withstands the outside temperatures of "hot countries".
· Design for exceptional maintenance by a technician
· Provide easy access for fast cabling
Budgetary Requests from the customer:
· Design for mass production with a maximum unit price of €10
Technical solutions for the robustness of the inner tank
· Given the different constraints, we opted for the EC10-400-26 model of the Electronicase range.
· We chose a plastic that complies with the customer's usage.
· The holding of the card, with a bulky wiring, led us to a system of fixing by balusters. Nevertheless, this solution, tested in the calculation of costs, did not fall within the budget set by the client.
· We then imagined a simpler system but meeting the objectives of holding and congestion.
The customer was satisfied with the tests performed by him. The price obtained for high volume production quantities, allowed him to give us the production of his series.
LTP CASE bio:
LTP CASE was created in 1985 on a commitment: to provide a custom designed, aesthetic and technical solution to the needs of small and medium production runs. With an annual need of 1 – 10 000 pieces, they cannot have access to technologies for large series (plastic injection mainly) or do not find satisfaction within the standard plastic enclosure range.
By developing an integrated process, from enclosure design to enclosure fabrication, their "tooling-free" process is fast, flexible and economical because there are no specific tooling costs.
LTP CASE saves time and money for its customers by designing and manufacturing customised enclosures and casings in small and medium size production runs, without any minimum order quantities. No need for a mould. No need for post purchase rework and milling of a standard enclosure.
With more than 30 years of experience, LTP CASE masters the development of the entire range of custom-made enclosures: Front Panel and Rack, Sloped Enclosure, Multifunction Enclosure, Table Top Enclosure, Enclosure with Door, Enclosure with Battery Compartment, Wall Box, Raspberry Enclosure, Handheld or Portable Enclosure, Enclosure Box, Potting Enclosure, Instrumentation Enclosure or General-purpose Enclosure.
Since its foundation, LTP CASE has developed and manufactured more than 10,000 unique and different customised casing projects throughout the European continent, with a dedicated local partner in Germany, England, Sweden, Holland, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic and Russia.
From the simplest solution to the most elaborate product, LTP CASE is the partner of all types of companies in the health / beauty, service / micro-electronics and industry sectors.
Customized bespoke enclosures produced by LTP are designed to embellish, protect or cover analysis, control, processing, printing or RFID devices or any type of IoT devices (Connected Objects - Internet of the Things).
With this tailor-made solution LTP CASE accompanies its customers in product development and contributes to their sales success:
Appearance finely tuned to the target group
Fast design and manufacturing times
Flexibility: Modifications possible between each serial production run
Very low initial investment: Tooling free fabrication
With this in mind, LTP has integrated the entire R & D procedure from the aesthetic design (Shape & Look) to the product design (Construction), as well as all the manufacturing operations, into an innovative process that is fast, flexible and does not require any specific tools.
• A dedicated team since 1985: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ltp-la-tolerie-plastique/?viewAsMember=true
• Enclosure Gallery: https://www.ltp-case.co.uk/gallery
• Direct Local Contact: Mike WALKER / +44 (0)1329281091 / firstname.lastname@example.org